At the beginning of each fiscal year (September 1 – August 31), we encourage our employees to volunteer 8 hours of community service to a cause that is important to them for our Cultivating Communities program. Once eight hours is racked up (time seems to fly when you’re helping others) Harvest Land then donates $75 to the non-profit which the employee volunteered their time.
It is gratifying to learn about the places and groups that our employees dedicate their time away from the office. Here is a list of organizations that benefited from our employees’ time:
- Fortville Church of the Nazarene
- Colliers Heating & Air
- First Mennonite Church
- Adams Co. Purdue Extension Office
- Adams County Herb Club
- Decatur Fire Dept.
- American Legion Post 160
- C & C Bible Fellowship
- Lewisville Presbyterian Church
- Tri-Village Athletic Dept.
- Wayne Co. 4-H Association
- Cody Holp Memorial
- Preble Co. Pork Festival
- Pitsburg Lion’s Club
- Darke Co. Humane Society
- Talawanda Athletic Boosters
- Monroe Twp Food Bank
- Northeastern Junior High School
- Queen of Peace Church
- Chas. A. Beard School-Class of 2021
- Adams Co. Wabash Workers 4-H Club
- Country Kritters 4H Club
- Kenneth Butler Memorial Soup Kitchen
- Bradley UMC
- First Church of Christ
- Pleasant Valley Cemetery
- Champaign Co. Cattlemen’s Assoc.
- Jay County FFA
- Praise Point Church
- Crushing Chiari, Inc.
- Greenhills Baptist Church
- EUM Church
- Princeton Pike Church of God
- Trinity Wesleyan Church
- Eaton First Church of God
- Brownsville U.M. Church
- Randolph Southern School Corp.
- Royal Family Kids’ Camp
- Wares Chapel
- Salvation Army
- First Presbyterian Church Youth
- American Legion Auxilary
- Pack Away Hunger and Christian Charities Backpack Blessings
- Eaton Church of the Brethren
- Centerville Youth League
- Grace Community Church
- St. Thomas Church
- Fountain City Weslyan Church
- St. Mary’s School
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
- Western Wayne Schools
- Richmond Family YMCA
- Wayne Co. Cattlemen’s Assoc./4-H
- Pendleton Junior Baseball
- Connersville FFA
- New Madison Community Volunteer Fire Company, Inc.
- Verona UMC
- Friends of the Preble Co. Park District
- Preble Co. YMCA
- Pleasant View Missionary Church
- Union Co. Foundation-Troy Gulley Memorial Scholarship
Fiscal year 2017 has concluded and we’re excited to share with you the footprint our employees left in their communities over the last year, spending their time improving the small towns we call home.
And the final 2017 results are as follows…
We offer a sincere thank you to our employees who participated in the Cultivating Communities program in 2017.
One of the greatest gifts you can give is your time,
and you certainly did just that.